Saturday, August 24, 2013

How to save Messages from Nokia phone in computer

I spent lots of time to find a way to save my important SMS es from Nokia phone to my computer as text, pdf, xls or xml format. At first I tied with Nokia suite, which has an option to export sms es to xls format but was never active! Though most of the forums was telling that it can be done in that way. I like many could not do it. Many forums have stated there is no way you can do it! I found a symbian software “best message storer”. It was a demo of 2 weeks but was working fine.  I tried to buy but failed.

Ultimately after week long search I found the way how you can save you messages from Nokia phone to .rtf, .pdf, or, html and many other format.

Now the steps:

1. Download Nokia suite connect your phone and back up your messages in .nbu format

2. Download NBU explorer from sourceforge and install. Be careful while installing. Choose custom installation otherwise you browser will be hacked. Deny any free software while installing, it will be installed cleanly.

3. Open the .nbu file you created with nbu explorer. You can see the messages. Though there is an option of export, it does not export in .xls. Don’t worry. Export the messages you want to save in any folder. They will be in  .vmg formats.

4. Get another free software ABC Amber Nokia Converter. Google it and you will get it. Take same precaution while installing as NBU explorer.


Open all .vmg files with ABC Amber Nokia Converter and you are done. Export it to any format you like. All options are working fine.